Call for Nominations Posted for
SWCA 2021 Featured Keynote Panel
In lieu of the traditional keynote address, the 2021 Southeastern Writing Center Association (SWCA) virtual conference will feature a keynote panel dedicated to elevating the voices, experiences, and practices of undergraduate and graduate tutors who identify as Black/African American. The SWCA board invites nominations (including self-nominations) for Black/African American-identifying student-tutors to participate as featured panelists for the fully-online 2021 SWCA Conference, “Trauma and Transformation,” to amplify voices often silenced yet most impacted by structural racism. The panel will be moderated by Dr. Talisha Hatiwanger Morrison, who will work with panelists to develop a list of questions that will frame their roundtable discussion.
With Dr. Morrison, panelists will
- Title the featured keynote panel.
- Develop questions for discussion.
- Prepare remarks.
We invite writing center administrators to nominate Black/African American student-tutors to participate on this featured keynote panel. Self-identified Black/African American student-tutors, both undergraduate and graduate, may nominate themselves. Submit nominations here.
Please include the following with your submission:
- The nominee’s name, pronouns, email address, home institution, and role
- Nomination type (writing center administrator, self-nomination, or other)
- Nominator’s name and email address (if not self-nominated)
- A150-word rationale for the nomination, including proposed fit or contributions to the panel.
If self-nominated, please include a list of questions or topics the nominee suggests for discussion.
Download this Call for Nominations to share with colleagues.
Nominations are due via this form by December 31 by 11:59 PM.